By Daryl Crouch (@crouchdk)
In growing up I was always excited about Christmas with all the glimmer of the lights, decorations, and can’t forget the Gifts. There are people today all around us that don’t have the privilege or the means to have Christmas. The holidays only magnifies their hurt and pain. It becomes a time of struggle and calls attention to their situation. As a husband and father I can understand what they are going through.
Along with my wife and children I can understand this from first hand experience. I was a pastor that was let go when the economy went bad. My life was spiraling down. When Christmas came it was depressing. Friends and family would share what they were doing for the holidays. Like going to Disneyland, a special vacation, party, and more. Having lost my livelihood and facing the possibility of losing my home I felt my world slipping away.
These are experiences that many people are facing today. Yes, the economy is improving but there are still many people in need. I wish I could help them all. Reality is I can’t.
Together we could make a difference one family or person at a time. If a few were able to join-together united with a common mission they could make a difference. What I am looking for is a few people willing to give to help people.
I know of families that are facing losing their home this Christmas. I know one family that is doing what they can to earn just $900 by the end of the month to stay in their home. I know of others with children and nothing to put under the Christmas tree.
We really don’t know how we are going to accomplish this but The Journey X is committed to helping families in need. We are new at this and do not have a clue how to go about helping. When I was a pastor I just made an announcement or two from up front and let God work on the hearts of the people.
What my intention are is to let you know what the need is. All I am asking is that you take it to God in prayer. To be honest it always begins with prayer.
First, we need a group of prayer warriors.
People who are willing to intercede for others. Let us know If you are willing to be a Prayer Team member. Sign up to for our emailing list and let us know you want to me a Prayer Team Member. We will send out timely emails to keep you informed what to pray about and our latest posts.
Second, We need to raise $5,000 this Christmas season.
To me this seems impossible to do. In myself there is no way we can do it. we really believe that with God all things are possible. So we are putting it out to you. We are asking first for your prayers.
- We have a family that has rent is due soon. They will be on the street if they don’t make enough. Their rent is: $699 and utilities run $150 a month.
- We know another family where it would be great to give a $100 or $200 gift certificate to buy gifts for their children.
- We know of an older couple that is about to lose everything they own. And at this time in their lives they would not be able to replace it. They need a about $600.
- There is a young family in a Mobile Home Park that need an apartment style washer and dryer. At this time they spend extra money they don’t have to go to the laundry place.
- A young man of 18 we met who is homeless. He was kicked out of his home when he was 14. It would be great to give him a gift certificate so he go and buy needed food. And get him into job training and lodging.
This is just a few families in need to have a blessing on Christmas. There are more. If you are able to make a difference sign up to be part of the Prayer Team and be on our email list. If God is speaking to you to make a financial contribution click on the donation button on the right sidebar. God Bless!
How can you be a blessing to others?